Above The Lawn - Genesis 2:15

Categories

Lawncare bagworms
Lawncare-Dethatch
powered by

My Blog

Bagworms

Bagworms can be destructive little pests.  Bagworms create spindle shaped bags that can be seen hanging from the tree or shrub.  They resemble pine cones or other plant material so they can sometimes be hard to detect.  If you notice the bottom of your tree or shrub seems to be turning brown, and if you notice webbing (resembles spider webs) on the tree or shrub then you need to investigate further.

Bagworms prefer juniper, arborvitae, spruce and pine trees or shrubs.  However, they can also be found in various other trees/shrubs.  They are worms or caterpillar bugs that spin strands of silk to make a cocoon.  They also use plant material to make the cocoon.

They can spread rapidly to other trees/shrubs so you want to get them removed as soon as possible.  In order to successfully rid yourself of these pests you should destroy the cocoons.  You can do this a couple of ways.   First you need to go through the tree or shrub and pull all the cocoons off.  Once the cocoons are removed you can either burn them or submerse in bleach water.  Some people prefer to get bleach water in a large bucket and take it with you and as you remove the cocoon drop it directly into the bleach solution.

Once you have removed all cocoons you may want to have an insecticide sprayed.  You can get an effective solution for this at a local home and garden shop.  I recommend purchasing an organic solution.  Make sure you have double checked the tree or shrub thoroughly and have removed every cocoon, then saturate the tree or shrub with the solution.  I also recommend checking other surrounding trees and shrubs as they can spread quickly.  This will ensure you have everything.

12 Comments to Bagworms:

Comments RSS
peluang usaha di rumah on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:28 AM
Great post! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site. Keep up the good writing

Rudyard Guy on Monday, June 25, 2018 7:13 AM
Regular job.

company on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:51 AM
i am glad to read this

anonymous on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 10:49 AM
gddddddddddddd

child support nevada on Monday, September 17, 2018 7:45 AM
These home remedies are really great and effective.I want to share this blog post link for others help on link.Thank you so much for posting this.

bestessays uk on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:11 AM
I figure, we ought to spend a considerable measure cash on our understudies in light of the fact that just great understudies can make our reality created later on and understudies can acquire the positive change the world also. I think, we have to contribute cash for the change of the understudies.

best essays australia on Monday, October 08, 2018 11:47 AM
They look creepy to me. I hope I won't have any troubles with them.

Cabo San Lucas on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:01 PM
It is truly effective.Your content is so helpful and informative in many ways.It really helped me for my next assignment.Thanks for sharing this.

pmp online training course on Friday, December 14, 2018 12:40 PM
It is good for students help.I was lookin for some best site where I could share some such informative stuff.Good creative efforts.

Anonymous on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:21 AM
You have done a brilliant job making sure that people understand where you are coming from. And let me tell you, I get it. Please post more updates to cure. Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain Treatments

anonymous on Saturday, December 29, 2018 9:41 AM
good
Reply to comment

magnoliacharterschools.org on Thursday, January 03, 2019 11:50 AM
Last time I reported some writing services errors which are not visible in your current performance.It is very hopeful for me. Thanks a lot.